ModuleBuild Change Log
Project Site: https://github.com/zloeber/ModuleBuild
- Fixed issue with NLog by updating PlaterContent.ps1
- Fixed issue with Make.ps1 By adding --tags --always
- Fixed issue with Make.ps1. Write-Description -level 3 should be used instead of Write-Output
- Fixed issue with Get-SpecialPaths function by adding LoadBuildTools on InstallAndTestModule
- Fixed issue with -SourceModule parameter on Initialize-MBModuleBuild
- Fixed issue with the -AddCBH when there are no Params.
- Fixed issue with URLS in README.md. It was missing links to VSCode and the PS Extension.
- Fixed issue with the link to ChangeLog. ChangeLog in index.md was plural.
- Fixed issue that where caused when you where not using PlatyPS 0.12.0.
- Fixed issue with syntax highlight that was caused by the CommentBasedHelp function.
- Update ModuleBuild to adhere to the PSGallery ScriptAnalyzer ruleset.
- ModuleBuild no uses a standalone PSScriptAnalyzerSettings.psd1
- Updated ModuleBuild/.vscode/settings.json to include default indent size, set indent to space and use the project specific PSScriptAnalyzerSettings.psd1 file.
- Build reports are now saved on the following path
- Included functions that are used during the build process are moved to its own repository.
- ModuleBuild now uses PSDepend to manage Build dependencies.
- ModuleBuild now uses PSDepend to manage Plugins.
- Revamped included tests.
- Make.ps1 is no longer dotsourced but included in
- Updated the build scripts to better support CI/CD.
- The included version of Plater is moved to the Plugin folder.
- Added a AppVeyor.yml template to the scaffold.
- All functions are renamed to avoid conflicts with other modules.
- Cleaned up repo. Deleted unused code. Renamed/Moved existing files.
- Updated documentation to reflect above changes.
- Added ability to pull in some basic information about an existing module manifest files when running Initialize-MBModuleBuild.
- Fixed ReadTheDocs generation issues by updating the template to include build\docs\ReadTheDocs in the initialization process.
- Eliminated any customization requirements within the modulename.build.ps1 script to help pave the way for easier modulebuild upgrades to projects.
- Removed some superfluous code in the base build environment script around the RequiredModules variable.
- Updated vscode tasks.json to fix depreciated syntax.
-Forceswitch processing on Add-MBPublicFunction to still create the function if the provided name is detected as plural.
- Fixed cleanup script modulebuild execution issue by separating out the postbuildtask into its own Invoke-Build code block (I had done this a while ago and never rolled up the changes into the Plaster template).
- Fixed a glaring issue with the PlatyPS output where any Guids were 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 instead of the actual module manifest Guid reported via issue #6. This happens because we build the module help from the psm1 load of the module in memory, not the psd1 file as that psd1 manifest gets recreated at build time with the appropriate exported functions and such. Basically a chicken/egg scenario. For now we just manually replace the output markdown files with the correct Guid before moving on to the help file packaging.
- Merged pull request #3 to resolve initialization issues for new modules in directories with spaces in their path.
- Added additional github integration (via .github folder creation with pull and issue template markdown files)
- Fixed improper spelling of 'license' in license creation templating.
- Fixed the -AddCBH build task.
- Fixed the missing documentation platyps output to show the actual found line that indicates missing CBH.
- Removed plaster option to choose to combine the module source at build time (and simply made that behavior the default that can be changed later via Set-MBBuildEnvironment -OptionCombineFiles $false)
- Added option to run a code health report (via PSCodeHealth) against your public and private function directories prior to starting the build
- Added 'Module plugin' capability. This adds base functionality to the module project itself. The first included module plugin is the nlogmodule logging functionality.
- Added New-PublicFunction to module along with a template folder and basic function template to start with. Any src\templates\\<template_name>.tem file is able to be used for this new feature and any build environment variable surrounded by double percentage symbols will be automatically replaced (ie. %%ModuleName%%).
- Fixed ReadTheDocs yml creation issue with the licensing link.
- Fixed awful .gitignore settings included in the default scaffolding
- Fixed documentation links to be self-referencing
- Removed AdditionalModulePaths from initial plaster manifest (can just set this with Set-MBBuildEnvironment after creation)
- Fixed invalid mkdocs.yml license link reference
- Fixed invalid reference to acknowledgements folder in plaster manifest (thanks Roberto Desideri!)
- Fixes to mkdocs.yml formatting
- Fixed temp build directory exclusion in .gitignore file
- Updated vs code task names
- Fixed an issue with a null build environment variable causing dynamic parameters in Set-MBBuildEnvironment to fail
- Several small scaffolding clean ups.
- Removed prompts for the nuget api key when running Initialize-MBModuleBuild.
- Initialize-MBModuleBuild now automatically runs the build environment powershell script for the first time to create the modulebuild json settings file.
- More documentation.
- Fixed some minor scaffolding creation issues.
- Added a 'ForceInstallModule' setting to eliminate build prompt when running the install and test module build tasks when the module is already installed.
- Fixed VS Code tasks.
- Added additional VS Code tasks when pressing ctrl+shift+B.
- Added two new public functions for importing public/private functions from existing modules to a modulebuild project.
- Added setting 'OptionUpdateVersionAfterPublishing' to ensure that this gets done after publishing to the gallery.
- Fixed initial sensitive term settings generation to work on non-domain joined machines.
- Changed all template files from .ps1 or psm1 to .template and changed the plaster manifest accordingly
- Change all .
files to remove the period so uploads to the gallery will work properly
- Combined the UpdateRelease and NewVersion tasks and made both promptable
- Fixed git version tag issue with the build script for the plaster manifest file.
- Removed options to prompt for different folder names (like public/private/other/temp) and updated all template files and plaster manifest file accordinly.
- fixes to plaster template creation
- fixes to psgallery upload
- Eliminated all '-Before' and '-After' in task definitions
- Added 'Write-Description' helper function and converted all write-build lines to use it instead (for a quick indented output that is easier on the eyes)
- Eliminated a large number of global variables in favor of simply redefining them in local tasks when required
- Setup readthedocs.net yml file generation to fail with warning if the file already exists.
- Fixed the version check to automatically fail if the build you are running already exists in the powershell gallery.
- Applied the -force flag to several tasks where it made sense to do so (need to manually build with Invoke-Build and the -force parameter to use)
- Fixed up Visual Studio Code tasks.json settings
- Added a prebuild folder for processing dependant/separate scripts prior to starting your build
- Updated much of the documentation.
- Structural changes
- Initial release